A truly independent family owned and run cinema , The Award Winning Commodore first opened its doors in 1976 on the site of the old Celtic and Conway cinemas.
A purpose-built traditional town centre single screen cinema it seats over 400 and has one of the largest cinema screens in Wales.
Whilst maintaining traditional values of showmanship and customer service The Commodore has certainly kept up with the times having the most up to date digital projection and Dolby 7.1 surround sound systems, ensuring the highest possible standards of film presentation.
A true community cinema , The Commodore presents the latest Hollywood releases and provides an extensive range of refreshments and all at affordable prices in comfortable surroundings.
* 1 screen - Capacity 410.
* All presentations in full Dolby Digital 7.1 surround sound
* 3D presentations as advertised.
* Fully licensed lounge bar on premises - pub prices.
* Advanced booking service available on-line - No answerphone bookings.
* Disabled Access.
* Car Parking,within 5 minute walk
* Extensive range of refreshments, ice cream and confectionary.
* Children's matinees on Saturdays and throughout school holidays.
Our fully licensed lounge bar is open prior to all evening performances and serves a wide range of wines, spirits,and bottled ales as well as draught lager and cider and hot drinks.
“Great retro cinema takes me back to when I was younger, very spacious not like most cinemas that ram the seats in"
“I've been coming here since I was a small child, and I've always loved it - the curtain, the serving hatch, everything!"
“Great value, family run cinema. Nice to see new films without having to take out a second mortgage! Affordable popcorn and drinks."
“Love this cinema, prices very reasonable,staff friendly, so much nicer experience than the big chains of multiplex cinemas."